Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Reporting An Issue

Reporting information for both Surrey County Council and Tandridge District Council are below.  If you are unsure or have any queries, please email for assistance.


Surrey Highways are responsible for maintaining roads (including pot holes), road signs, traffic lights, pavements, flooding, recycling centres, adult and child services, trees and vegetation on council land alongside roads and footpaths in Felbridge.  To report an issue relating to roads or footpaths visit

  • Telephone: 0300 200 1003 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Emergencies only at other times)
  •  Email:

Overgrown Hedges and Vegetation Alongside Footpaths:  Please report, including a photograph if possible, to SCC on  If the vegetation is on SCC land and they consider it an obstruction they will have it cleared.  If the vegetation is on private land, e.g. a hedge alongside a pavement which belongs to a property or landowner, SCC will carry out an inspection. If it is considered to endanger or obstruct road and pavement users, they will contact the owner requesting that they cut it back. If the overgrown tree or hedge is not cut back by the owner within their timescales, they may also serve them with a notice to do the work under Section 154 of the Highways Act 1980.

Surrey Rights of Way Team are responsible for 'off road' footpaths, stiles, fencing, etc.

TANDRIDGE DISTRICT COUNCIL are responsible for street cleaning, rubbish and recycling collections, issues relating to trees in parks and open spaces, fly-tipping, emptying rubbish and dog waste bins, as well as maintenance of the 'Common Land' i.e. Limes Pond area, Village Green, Evelyn Chestnuts and verges on Crawley Down Road.  They are also responsible for planning on Felbridge land. Additional responsibilities include social housing, benefits, transport, parks and recreation grounds and council tax. The link to report issues is and the telephone number is 01883 722000


Vehicles which are parked in such a way as to cause an obstruction are committing an offence and can be reported to the Police's 101 service.  This includes those parking within 10 metres of a junction; parking facing a junction or blocking a footpath to such an extent that pedestrians are forced to walk on the road.  You should also call 101 if your driveway is blocked and you need access right away.

Civil Parking Issues

Other parking offences in Felbridge are managed by Reigate and Banstead District Council on behalf of Surrey County Council.  If you use their online form a parking fine may be issued for:

  • blocked driveways 
  • parking on a school keep clear area (please note not all sites are enforceable)
  • dropped kerb (crossover) blocking
  • parking on yellow lines (except disabled blue badge holders who are permitted to park )
  • bus stop parking

More information helps us, so if you can note any of these things before filling in the form - location, vehicle registration, make and colour.  Report inconsiderate parking

Parking Around Schools

There many issues surrounding parking near schools in Surrey and civil enforcement officers are working with the police and Joint Enforcement Team on this issue, visiting schools and working with them on these problems. So in some cases it is best to flag issues with the Head Teacher and enforcement officers can work directly with them.

FELBRIDGE PARISH COUNCIL provide local advice to TDC on planning matters and liaise with their officers on a wide range of issues affecting local residents.  They also monitor works carried out by SCC contractors and feedback information to their officers.  Felbridge Parish Council took over the management of grass cutting on roadside verges from Surrey Highways in 2019.  If you have a query which isn't covered by the information above, please email the Parish Clerk on for assistance.  Please note the Clerk works two days a week but will always aim to respond as quickly as possible.